We love sea moss here at Human Garage! Our Fascial Flow™ supplement is the best way to get your daily dose of this aquatic superfood, but if we don’t yet ship to your country, or you need a low-cost alternative, preparing sea moss gel at home is pretty simple.
WHY TAKE SEA MOSS?
We created Fascial Flow™ with this particular plant because it contains 92 of the essential minerals required by the body. Minerals support us at a cellular level, and allow our bodies to dispose of waste while producing more energy. Having enough mineralization makes our bodies more alkaline and supports connective tissue like joints, tendons, ligaments, and fascia!
Consuming sea moss leads to:
- Improved mood and emotional regulation
- Better sleep
- Increased libido
- Less inflammation
- Less bad bacteria in the gut
- A stronger immune system
- More energy!
If you can’t get ahold of our sea moss, preparing your own is another option!
EASY SEA MOSS GEL RECIPE
To make the gel, you only need a few ingredients, a blender, and a jar for storage.
- 1 cup of dried sea moss
- 6 cups of water
- Optional: a sliced lime for flavor
- Rinse the sea moss thoroughly with filtered water to remove any sand or debris.
- Soak the sea moss and sliced lime in a bowl of water for 24 hours. This rehydrates the sea moss and makes it blend-able.
- After 24 hours, drain the water and rinse the sea moss again.
- Blend the sea moss with 6 cups of filtered water until it becomes smooth and gelatinous.
- Pour the sea moss gel into a sealable jar or container for storage. You can refrigerate it for up to two weeks!
Human Garage’s Pro Tips:
- If you don’t rinse your sea moss thoroughly, it will affect the taste and texture of your gel. Don’t skip that step!
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, use less water. If you want your sea moss gel to be more liquidous, add an extra cup!
- You can add flavorings to the gel, such as vanilla extract or honey, to make it taste better.
- Add your gel to smoothies, soups, sauces, or other dishes to make them more nutritious!
If you like this recipe or prepare your sea moss gel a different way, let us know in the comments!
9 thoughts on “How to Make the Best Sea Moss Gel at Home”
Thank you for thus revipe, and I would love to make it. There are so many brands of Irish sea moss, and different colors too.
What exactly am I looking for in order to purchase, color, country, brand .
I’m in Canada and typically order from Amazon.ca
If you could give me a bit more direction and help me refine my search I would very much appreciate it.
Thank you for this! How much of this gel is recommended per day to start off with? Can the gel be put in the freezer? Thank you
I will be spreading this recipe and information to many people so they get educated on self healing and care, thank you Human Garage 🙏🙌🏻💐
❤ Thank you for sharing Giuliana!
Wonderful, thank you for the recipe! Question: How much of it should be the daily intake?
One tablespoon per day will do it!
Irish sea moss is available in powder form and gummies at Whole Foods. Wildcrafted
Is your Irish Sea Moss product safe for pregnancy? I wasn’t sure what Glyvia is and if it’s safe, but I’d really like to be taking sea moss during pregnancy.
Great question Elizabeth- yes, it’s safe for pregnancy; in fact it’s great for your baby 🙂 Glyvia is simply plant glucose and amino acids.